Did you ever want to drive your car around a NASCAR racetrack? Head over to Phoenix Raceway on Saturday, October 1 and you can for $30.00. All proceeds from Track Laps for Charity will benefit Arizona Accelerator Charities, a 501(c)(3) donor advised fund under The NASCAR Foundation.
“This is an amazing opportunity for race fans and car enthusiasts to drive their family and friends around the same track that will host NASCAR Championship Weekend in November,” said Phoenix Raceway President Julie Giese. “More importantly, this a one-of-a-kind thrill makes a difference throughout The Valley by supporting Arizona Accelerator Charities.”
Arizona Accelerator Charities’ mission is to accelerate the development of children in Arizona by supporting education, children and families of our military and military veterans, and life enrichment programs for children and families in our community.
There are some ground rules if you want to participate in the charitable event:
- All drivers must be 18 years of age or older with a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Driver and passengers must sign Track Laps for Charity waivers.
- All participants must adhere to Arizona state laws regarding the usage of seat belts and child safety restraints.
- Passenger vehicles only; motorcycles are not permitted.
- Maximum speed is 55 miles per hour and regulated by Phoenix Raceway personnel in the Official Toyota Camry Pace Car.
- Drivers must stay up to speed and refrain from lagging behind in order to speed up.
If you’ve never had the opportunity to drive or ride on a NASCAR racetrack I highly recommend it. You get a cool experience and greater appreciation of motorsports.
A cool experience with the proceeds going to a great cause is the perfect Saturday in Phoenix.