Back in 2015, a customer in the Middle East ordered five Mulsanne Grand Limousines to be custom produced by Bentley. The order was filled and the vehicles were shipped to the United Arab Emirates. But they were never put into service or even registered. So now they are back to Bentley, or at least to its UAE dealer, Bentley Emirates, which is offering them for sale to other customers.
“Bentley is offering customers a final opportunity to purchase a piece of automotive history — one of the British brand’s most unique and distinguished models, the Mulsanne Grand Limousine by Mulliner,” the company said in its announcement.
“The Mulsanne Grand Limousine by Mulliner is the ultimate demonstration of the extraordinary skills and abilities of Bentley’s in-house bespoke division. With production of the Mulsanne having ceased last year, these models represent a unique chance for customers to acquire an iconic piece of modern Bentley history.
“The cars available for sale each have their own unique identities and specifications, to suit any taste:
- Silver Frost over Moroccan Blue exterior paint, paired with an Imperial Blue and Linen interior complemented with Burr Walnut veneer
- Damson over Black Crystal paintwork, complemented by Damson and Twine leathers and Dark Stained Burr Walnut veneer
- Onyx over Candy Red exterior, with a Hotspur and Camel interior finished with Olive Ash veneer
- Rubino Red over Light Gazelle bodywork, with an interior in Fireglow and Twine leather paired with Burr Walnut veneer
- A single tone Black Sapphire exterior, with an Imperial Blue and Camel interior contrasted by Dark Stained Burr Walnut veneer.”
Bentley adds that the cars were built around “the need for four passenger seats of equal comfort. Their arrangement, which was inspired by luxury private aviation, includes two rear-facing seats, allowing passengers to talk face-to-face.
“Emphasizing the truly luxurious travelling experience, a bottle cooler with crystal flutes sits between the front facing seats, with a beverage cabinet with bespoke crystal tumblers between the rear facing seats.
“Veneered, folding picnic tables allow the occupants to work comfortably on the move, with iPad docking and charging stations. Bentley craftsmanship is further evidenced by the three handmade dials, which display UK and local time, alongside the exterior temperature.
“The finest materials have been applied throughout, utilizing Bentley’s world-renowned skills with leather and wood, with the higher roof and extra length offering a true sense of space in which to relax. The Mulsanne Grand Limousine by Mulliner is truly the ultimate space in which to work or relax on the move.”
Pricing was not included in Bentley’s news release.