A special online auction that celebrates Ferrari’s 1,000th Grand Prix event, which occurred September 11-13 in Mugello, Italy, was announced by RM Sotheby’s with 16 pieces of Ferrari racing memorabilia and experiences offered entirely without reserves.
The Online Only: Once in a Millennium auction will be held on RM Sotheby’s proprietary internet platform with bidding starting Monday, December 7, and ending Monday, December 14 at 11 a.m. (Eastern). The sale coincides with the final race of the 2020 Formula 1 season, the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
“Scuderia Ferrari raced its first World Championship Grand Prix in Monaco, on 21 May 1950, the second-ever Formula 1 WC event,” RM Sotheby’s noted in announcing the auction.
The featured item of the Online Only auction is a full-scale Ferrari SF1000 Formula 1 display car, “which holds the unique distinction of wearing the burgundy livery designed specifically for Scuderia Ferrari’s 1000th GP event to commemorate the 125S, the very first racing car designed and produced in Maranello bearing the name of the company’s founder,” according to the auction release.
The non-operational SF1000 showpiece, which is signed by Ferrari team drivers Charles Leclerc and Sebastian Vettel, has a pre-auction estimated value of €150,000 to €200,000 ($182,720 to $241,000).
The other items included in the auction are:
• Three sets of 1000th GP racing gloves and three racing suits signed by Ferrari team drivers Leclerc, Vettel and Mick Schumacher.
• Two replica 1000th GP racing helmets signed by Leclerc and Vettel.
• Two SF1000 rear-wing end plates signed by Leclerc and Vettel.
• Two Scuderia Ferrari packages for two to join the team as VIP guests at a Formula 1 Grand Prix during the 2021 season. The experience includes unrivaled behind-the-scenes access to the team over the course of a Grand Prix weekend in 2021 with two passes to the famous Ferrari Formula 1 Club, and an exclusive meet and greet with Scuderia Ferrari drivers Leclerc and Carlos Sainz in the team’s exclusive F1 Paddock motorhome.
• Three Scuderia Ferrari packages for two for a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the legendary Ferrari factory and race team operation in Maranello, Italy, and to watch a 2021 GP race live from inside Ferrari Gestione Sportiva. The package also includes a one-night stay in Maranello, a tour of Museo Ferrari and a team representative meet and greet.
“In the 70 years since its first GP in 1950, Ferrari is Formula 1’s most-successful, most-celebrated and iconic team, enjoying 238 F1 wins, capturing 228 pole positions and recording 254 fastest laps and 772 podiums,” according to the RM Sotheby’s news release.
“The team has amassed an unsurpassed total of 31 FIA Formula 1 World Championships – 16 constructors’ world titles and 15 drivers’ world titles – in the hands of legendary F1 drivers including Alberto Ascari, Juan-Miguel Fangio, Mike Hawthorn, John Surtees, Phil Hill, Niki Lauda, Jody Scheckter, Kimi Raikkonnen and Michael Schumacher.”
For more information on the Online Only sale, visit the RM Sotheby’s website.