Organizers of the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion has expanded the committee that decides who gets to showcase their cars and their talents each August has expanded to 11 people with the 5 new members widening the committee’s historic racing knowledge base.
“Their expertise will be put to the test as members research and evaluate entry requests to ensure that every car meets the high level of provenance, authenticity and period correctness to the day it originally was raced that is demanded in order to be accepted,” the event organizers said in their news release.
The new members of the selection committee are:
- Scott George, curator of the Miles Collier Collections and vice president of the Revs Institute.
- Patrick Long, Porsche factory racing driver, member of the Porsche Rennsport Reunion selection committee and co-founder of Luftgekuhlt, an annual showcase of vintage Porsches.
- Chris MacAllister, member of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum board of directors, group steward for vintage racing events and long-time competitor in historic Formula 1 races.
- Mark Osborne, global director of motorsport for Bonhams and frequent participate in vintage races at Monterey and Goodwood.
- Darius Sadeghi, car enthusiast and staunch advocate for vehicle authenticity.
In addition, Bruce Canepa is returning to the committee. He was co-organizer of three Porsche Rennsport Reunions, was a professional racer and is a collector, historian and restoration specialist.
Existing members of the committee are Paul Duchene, who has written about classic cars for more than 40 years; John Lamm, author and journalist; Andy Prill, a Porsche restoration specialist and regular competitor at Monterey, Goodwood and elsewhere; Murray Smith, organizer of the Historic Festival at Lime Rock Park; Cris Vandagriff, owner of the Historic Motor Sports Association; and Bill Warner, motorsports journalist, racer and founder of the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance.
The 2020 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion is scheduled for August 13-16 at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca and will include 14 run groups:
1927-1951/Pre-1940 Sports Racing & Touring
1947-1955 Sports Racing and GT
1955-1961 Sports Racing under & over 2000cc
1961-1966 GT under 2500cc
1963-1966 GT over 2500cc
1970-1984 Sports Racing under 2100cc
1973-1981 FIA, IMSA, GT, GTX, AAGT, GTU
1974-1979 Formula Atlantic
1981-1991 IMSA GTO/GTP
1963-1974 FIA Manufacturers Championship
Entry requests are being accepted through February 22 on the Rolex Reunion page at the raceway website.