$6.6 million sale sends 253 collector cars to new owners
Topped by a pair of 1969 Ford Mustangs that each sold for six figures, Mecum Auctions reports that its recent sale at the Portland Expo Center in Oregon generated $6.6 million in sales with 253 vehicles going to new owners over the course of two days of bidding.
The top-selling cars were ’69 Mustangs. A Boss 429 went for $275,000 and a resto-mod example sold for $143,000 (prices include buyer’s fees).
However, those were the only vehicles that sold for six figures, and Mecum did not report a sell-through rate for the auction.
Top 10 sales, Mecum Portland 2019
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429, $275,000
- 1969 Ford Mustang resto-mod, $143,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette convertible, $99,000
- 1969 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S convertible, $93,500
- 2010 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet, $93,500
- 1965 Backdraft Shelby Cobra replica, $88,000
- 1971 Ford Bronco, $88,000
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette convertible, $85,800
- 1970 Chevrolet Camaro, $79,200
- 2005 Bentley Continental GT, $74,250
(Prices include buyer’s fees.)
Mecum Auctions next sale is scheduled for July 31-August 3 at Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.1 comment