Bonhams' Zoute Grand Prix auction of “rare and modern sports car,” nearly doubled its previous best such sale, posting $8.15 million on fewer than 50 lots this week.
Bonhams’ Zoute Grand Prix auction of “rare and modern sports car,” held in the seaside resort of Knokke-Le-Zoute in Belgium, nearly doubled its previous best such sale, posting $8.15 million on fewer than 50 lots this week.
“With over 100,000 spectators in attendance, it’s exciting to see interest in the Zoute Grand Prix and Bonhams sale grow,” Philip Kantor, Bonhams European head of motorcars, said in a news release.
The Grand Prix includes a rally, a concours and the auction.
The top sale of the Bonhams auction was the nearly $1.017 million paid for a 2011 Ferrari 599 SA Aperta, one of only 80 produced. A 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Berlinetta sold for $944,748 (prices include buyer’s premium).
A 2005 Porsche Carrera GT, one of only nine delivered new to Belgium, went for $734,804.
Also selling very well was a 2005 Ford GT, which went for $426,448; the car was one of only 101 built by Ford for the European market.
Top 10 sales, Bonhams Zoute GP auction, 2015
- 2011 Ferrari 599 SA Aperta, $1,016,916
- 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Berlinetta, $944,748
- 2005 Porsche Carrera GT coupe, $734,804
- 1980 BMW M1 coupe, $531,420
- 1992 Jaguar XJ220 coupe, $498,617
- 2005 Ford GT, $426,448
- 1961 Jaguar E-type Series 1 3.8-liter, $321,476
- 1966 Maserati Sebring 3.7-liter coupe, $308,355
- 1955 Aston Martin DB2/4 Mark 1 3.0-liter sports saloon, $275,551
- 1973 Maserati Bora 4700 coupe, $262,430
(Figures include buyer’s premium.)