The 27th annual Techno-Classica Essen takes place April 15-19 in the Messe Essen, a fairgrounds-style convention center in the Germany city that spans 20 buildings and four outdoor areas.
The 27th annual Techno-Classica Essen takes place April 15-19 in the Messe Essen, a fairgrounds-style convention center in the Germany city that spans 20 buildings and four outdoor areas. And all of that space was booked months ago for what is billed as the “world show for vintage, classic and prestige automotibles, motor sport, motorcycles, spare parts, restoration and world club meeting.”
A special exhibition in the show’s central hall will feature cars that competed in the Tourist Trophy races in Ireland from 1905-1936.
More than 25 automakers will be displays while classic car dealers will showcase some 2,500 cars for sale. The event, which is expected to draw nearly 200,000 visitors, includes 220 car clubs. Coys will stage a 60-vehicle classic car auction on the 18th.
Among the automakers:
- Audi will feature historic roadsters and cabriolets,
- Bentley will celebrate the 85th anniversary of the Speed Six “Blue Train,”
- Ford will focus on the 50th anniversary of its Transit commercial van,
- Mercedes-Benz will celebrate aerodynamic design with the 60th anniversary of the 300 SLR No. 722 that Stirling Moss drove to victory in the Mille Miglia as well as the 1909 Blitzen-Benz, 1936 W 25, 1938 540 K Streamliner, 1978 C111-III experimental car and others.
- Opel will celebrate the 50th anniversary of its first concept car, the Experimental GT,
- Porsche will showcase the 30th birthday of the 959,
- Rolls-Royce will celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Phantom,
- Skoda features 40 years of its RS model,
- SEAT will showcase prototypes never before shown in Germany,
- Volkswagen will honor 40 years of its Polo model and 30 years of Syncro.