A preliminary report provided to ClassicCars.com by Hagerty Insurance has RM Auctions sale Saturday.
A preliminary report provided to ClassicCars.com by Hagerty Insurance has RM Auctions sale Saturday at Amelia Island doing $35.1 million in business with a 97 percent sell-through rate.
The overwhelming high-dollar individual sale was $6.6 million for a 1937 Delahaye 135 Competition Torpedo Roadster from the estate of Malcolm Pray, who owned the Figoni et Falaschi-bodied car, one of two that exist, for more than 50 years.
A 1958 BMW 507 Series II roadster, also from the Pray Collection, was the second-highest sale at $2.42 million.
A 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300SL roadster original owned by actress Natalie Wood sold for more than $1.8 million. Also going for seven figures were a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT Series II Pinin Farina cabriolet ($1.76 million) and a LeBaron-bodied 1934 Duesenberg Model SJ convertible sedan (more than $1.5 million).
The average sales price at the auction was $398,688.
We’ll have a complete wrap-up on the sale after RM reports its official tally.
Results (preliminary) for RM sale at Amelia Island
Overall Total: $35.1 million
88/91 lots sold: 97% sell-through rate
Average Sale Price: $398,688
Overall Top 10 Sales:
- 1937 Delahaye 135 Competition Torpedo Roadster sold for $6,600,000
- 1958 BMW 507 Roadster sold for $2,420,000
- 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster sold for $1,842,500
- 1961 Ferrari 250 GT SII PF Cabriolet sold for $1,760,000
- 1934 Duesenberg Model SJ Convertible Sedan sold for $1,567,500
- 1965 Shelby Cobra Roadster sold for $990,000
- 1965 Shelby GT350R Coupe sold for $984,500
- 1928 Bugatti Type 37A Grand Prix Roadster sold for $962,500
- 1937 Bugatti Type 57C Roadster sold for $902,000
- 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Coupe sold for $781,000
2013 Overall Results
Total: $26.9 million
81/88 sold: 92% sell-through rate
Average Sale Price: $331,538