HomeCar CultureGran Turismo 7 update: Top of the UK sales charts and Brembo...

Gran Turismo 7 update: Top of the UK sales charts and Brembo brakes

GT7 is the number one boxed video game in the UK


Brembo brakes are now available in Gran Turismo 7. The PlayStation 4 and 5 driving simulation video game now offer players the option of going to the Gran Turismo 7 Tuning Shop upgrading the brakes on their customizable racecars with GT|BM calipers in eight different colors and carbon ceramic discs.

There were more than 400 cars from over 50 car manufacturers at GT7’s initial launch on Friday, March 4, 2022, and more cars will be added with subsequent updates from Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Gran Turismo 7 for the PlayStation 4 and 5
Photo courtesy of Sony Gran Turismo 7

GT7 is the number one boxed video game in the United Kingdom since its release last Friday, per, as the Sony Interactive Entertainment driving simulator cruised past Elden Ring to the top of the charts.

The latest chapter of Gran Turismo sold 28% fewer boxed units than the previous incarnation, Gran Turismo Sport, sold during its first week in its 2017. Gran Turismo went on to sell an estimated eight million copies by June 2019.

The PS5 GT7 version accounted for 76% of sales and the PS4 accounted for the remaining 24%. Digital download statistics have not been released.

David P. Castro
David P. Castro
The Santa Rosa, California native is an experienced automotive and motorsports writer with a passion for American muscle cars. He is a credentialed automotive, NASCAR, and IndyCar reporter that graduated from the University of Nevada. A devoted F1 and NASCAR fan, he currently resides in Phoenix, Arizona with his wife, son, Siberian Husky, Mini Cooper, and 1977 Chevrolet C10.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Recent Posts