General Motors has introduced an all-new 350 small-block engine designed for three generations of light- and heavy-duty trucks.
Available at GM Genuine Parts dealers, the new 5.7-liter V8 is ready for installation in Gen 1, covering trucks, vans and SUVs from 1987-1995; Gen 1e LD for light-duty trucks from 1996-2002; and Gen 1e HD for heavy-duty trucks from 1996-2002.
Details and features include:
• Brand-new four-bolt main blocks (not remanufactured) that are roller camshaft ready and mechanical fuel pump capable (Gen 1e has no camshaft eccentric)
• Race-proven forged steel crankshafts for durability
• New valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
• Precise, state-of-the-art CNC machining of cylinder heads, block castings and other components
• Dipstick tube provisions on both sides
• No core charge
• GM Genuine Parts 3-year/100,000-mile limited warranty
• Designed, engineered, tested and backed by General Motors
“Building on the history and versatility of the original 350 first available in Chevrolet models such as the Camaro and Corvette, this engine continues to deliver,” said Andrew McKittrick, manager of GM’s propulsion portfolio.
“Every GM Genuine Parts engine incorporates our very latest engineering technology and product enhancements to offer a reliable and dependable product for our customers.”
The new GM Genuine Parts 350 engine can be ordered from dealers, which can be located on the GM Genuine Parts website.