Gateway Bronco, the Illinois company famed for its “reimagined” resto-mod editions of Ford Broncos, has begun a new lineup of Ford-licensed transformations of heritage F-100, F-150 and F-250 pickup trucks equipped with supercharged drivetrains, upgraded suspensions and modern amenities.
“So many people love the craftsmanship and value of our resto-mod Ford Broncos that they’re asking us to build a modernized classic Ford pickup,” said Seth Burgett, chief executive of Gateway Bronco. “When we approached Ford Motor Company with the consumer requests, they quickly issued us a license to fulfill that worldwide demand.
“So, we will begin fast-tracking our first commission for an enthusiast who wants to put a reimagined 1969 Ford F-250 Crew Cab next to the Ford Bronco that we rebuilt for him. Eaton’s Performance aftermarket business was so enamored with the truck that they asked to debut it in their SEMA exhibit this fall.”
Burgess expects to focus on the current trend of popularity with “the 1967-1972 F-Series ‘bump-side’ truck as the perfect vehicle to follow the trail blazed by the Ford Bronco for reimagined vintage vehicles.”
Starting with an original street-legal F-Series truck, the Gateway Bronco team then integrates:
• A naturally aspirated Generation 3 Ford 5.0-liter V8 and 10-speed automatic transmission
• Push-button 4×4 control, similar to a modern truck
• Powder-coated custom designed 4-link chassis
• Push-button Active Control Exhaust for any exhaust note desired, on demand
• Rugged leather interiors including American Bison, hair on hide or distressed bench seats
• Genuine barn-wood bed
• A 7.3-liter Ford V8 with twin turbos or Harrop USA supercharger with Eaton TVS Technology
• Either a Harrop USA or Roush Performance supercharger, both featuring Eaton TVS Technology, offering up to 700 horsepower
• An Eaton Performance differential package, featuring an Eaton ELocker front differential and a Detroit Truetrac rear differential for the ultimate traction performance
“Our custom trucks are perfect for families who enjoy picking up kids at school or running errands in a fun vehicle that is different from anything else on the road,” Burgett said. “They ride smooth and drive like modern vehicles on our proprietary 4-link chassis.
“They have amenities including AC, heated seats, power windows and wall-to-wall leather inside. This is a bit of a ‘stealth-wealth’ approach that gives owners with means the ability to enjoy their success without flaunting their resources in public.”
Gateway Bronco’s reimagined F-Series trucks are available as a two- or four-door family vehicle, which would be spacious enough for vintage camping or road trips.
“The F-Series truck is aligned with vintage camping, one of the hottest trends,” Burgett added. “The trucks can easily pull a restored Airstream for a throwback family weekend, making ‘Rockwell’ dreams come true.”
For more information on the reimagined F-Series trucks, visit the Gateway Bronco website.