Chevrolet Performance has added another powerplant to its crate-engine aftermarket lineup. This new offering is the LS427/570, a more powerful version of the 7.0-liter LS7 V8.
The new package includes more horsepower, more torque and, says Chevy, easier installation thanks to a simpler wet-sump oiling system.
The LS427/570 has a new high-lift camshaft that helps it produce 570 horsepower and 540 pound-feet of torque, a boost of 65 horsepower and 70 pound-feet when compared with the standard production version of the engine.
“The all-new LS427/570 builds on the legendary, racing-bred performance of the LS7 to create the most powerful naturally aspirated LS crate engine in our portfolio,” Jessica Earl, GM specialist marketing group manager, is quoted in the company’s announcement.
Compared with the production LS7 crate engine assembly, the LS427/570 features an F-body aluminum oil pan and a specific wet-sump oil pump.
Chevrolet says additional engine highlights include:
- Unique high-lift hydraulic roller camshaft with 0.591-inch intake/0.590-inch exhaust lift; 227-degree intake/242-degree exhaust duration; and a lobe separation angle of 116 degrees
- Unique high-rate valve springs
- Camaro fifth-generation Z/28 exhaust manifolds
- Low-profile LS7 EFI intake manifold with fuel rails, injectors and throttle body installed
- Robust LS7 rotating assembly featuring a forged steel crankshaft and titanium connecting rods
- CNC-ported cylinder heads featuring 2.20-inch titanium intake valves and 1.61-inch sodium-filled exhaust valves
- Fourteen-inch Camaro Z/28 168-tooth manual transmission flywheel
- Must be used with LS427/570 Engine Controller P/N 19420000 (sold separately)
- Chevrolet Performance recommends Mobil 1 15W50 fully synthetic motor oil to be used with the engine
The LS427/570 is available for immediate purchase through Chevrolet Performance dealers and retailers.
For more information, visit the Chevrolet Performance website.