ClassicCars.com is showcasing reader collector cars in more than a few ways. This time not necessarily to sell the cars, but to award them. The first Collector Car Community Contest starts today with a fan favorite voting system on the Instagram Stories of @ClassicCarsDotCom. Readers are encouraged to take a few seconds to cast their Instagram vote.
Voting is now open, and the head to head bracket will update each day with the winners of each round. The winner will be announced Friday, May 29, recand will receive the 2020 Collector Car Community Contest trophy as well as a ClassicCars.com enthusiasts swag bag.
Round one of the competitors’ cars and their match ups as follows:
- 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 (@luca_somigli) vs 1968 Shelby GT500KR (@wright.wm)
- 1937 Ford Slantback Deluxe (@dave4969) vs 1930 Ford 5 Window Coupe (@salbreda4374)
- 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 (@gilesfronce) vs 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport (@tonyserra1)
- 1966 Ford F100 (@betsy_the_ford) vs 1969 Ford F250 (@jeffs356_now)
- 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (@porscheturbo996) vs 1996 Toyota Supra (Alberto P)
- 1972 Porsche 911 T (Serge S) vs 1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS (@charlesmc91302)
- 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle (@dino84078) vs 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle (Gary R)
- 1979 Ford Thunderbird (@mac43211) vs 1983 Jeep Wagoneer Limited (@azwagoneers)
Here are the official bracket dates:
- Tuesday, May 26: The second round of voting, 16 vehicles
- Wednesday, May 27: The third round of voting, 8 vehicles
- Thursday, May 28: The fourth round of voting, 4 vehicles
- Friday, May 29: Championship round, 2 vehicles and champion announcement
Social distancing is preventing car shows from happening in-person. ClassicCars.com is excited to bring the collector car community together with its digital community contest. Cast your votes on the @ClassicCars.com Instagram page.