The coronavirus pandemic is having a major impact on automotive events, many of which are being canceled or postponed. The latest are:
- An announcement by the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association canceling the Spring Lone Star Nationals, scheduled March 13-15 in Fort Worth, Texas, and the Spring Nationals, scheduled for March 20-22 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Postponement of the 13th annual Team Shelby Bash, a 4-day gathering that was scheduled for March 19-22 in Las Vegas.
- Closing of the Studebaker National Museum through March 27 (and postponement of the lecture, “Birds of a Feather: Studebaker Hawk,” until April 15).
- Cancellation of the kickoff event at Tempe Diablo Stadium for the Copperstate 1000 vintage car rally on March 29.
- Closing of the Petersen Automotive Museum until March 31.
Here is our latest list of automotive events impacted by health concerns:
Geneva Motor Show
Historic Vehicle Association Drive History conference
Australian Grand Prix F1 race
Goodguys events in Texas and Arizona
Stadium launch for Copperstate 1000 vintage rally
New York Auto Show
Techno-Classic Essen and RM Sotheby’s auction (tentatively rescheduled for mid-June)
Bahrain, Vietnam and Chinese Grand Prix races
IndyCar races at St. Petersburg, Alabama, Long Beach and Texas
IMSA races at St. Petersburg, Sebring (rescheduled for November 11-14), Alabama and Long Beach
RADwood events in South Carolina and Philadelphia
F9 movie (rescheduled for release April 2, 2021)
Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach auction (rescheduled for October)
RM Auctions Palm Beach auction (to be held as online-only sale)
NASCAR races at Atlanta and Homestead-Miami
Motorsports Hall of Fame of America 2020 induction ceremony
Team Shelby Bash
Temporarily closed —
The Henry Ford museum (until March 18)
Blackhawk Collection museum (until March 20)
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum (until March 30)
Studebaker National Museum (through March 27)
Petersen Automotive Museum (through March 31)