Mecum Auctions wrapped up its 2019 sales calendar this past weekend in Kansas City, Missouri, where the three-day event totaled $9 million in sales. Bidders bought 410 of the vehicles offered as the sale posted a 70 percent sell-through rate, the company reported.
“Both modern beauties and stunning classics made a showing in the top-selling spots at the Kansas City auction,” the company said, adding that “while the top two sellers wore the Ford Blue Oval, it was the Bowtie brand that dominated with six Chevrolets landing on the top 10 list.”
The top sales were a 2005 Ford GT at $247,500 and a 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 at $231,000.
Leading the top-10 Chevrolets were a pair of Corvettes, a 1967 convertible for $181,500 and a 1963 split-window coupe for $129,500.
Top-10 Mecum Kansas City 2019
- 2005 Ford GT, $247,500
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429, $231,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette convertible, $181,500
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette coupe, $129,250
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, $126,500
- 1957 Chevrolet Corvette convertible, $94,600
- 1954 Chevrolet Corvette roadster, $78,100
- 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle, $64,900
- 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air resto-mod, $58,300
- 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A, $58,300
Mecum opens its 2020 schedule with its annual visit to Kissimmee, Florida, where it expects to send 3,5000 vehicles, including the Bullitt-movie 1968 Ford Mustang, across the block from January 2-12. From January 21-26, it will offer a docket of 1,750 motorcycles at its annual Las Vegas vintage and antique motorcycle auction.