This 1982 Honda Civic is a time-capsule example

This 1982 Honda Civic is a time-capsule example

The Pick of the Day appears to be an immaculate young classic in showroom condition

Not only is the Pick of the Day a candidate for “young classic” status, but the dealer offering it for sale says this 1982 Honda Civic 1300FE is in “Mint Condition” and is a “Timewarp” example, seemingly in “showroom-like” condition.

The car is advertised on ClassicCars.com by a dealer in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, but the dealer notes that the car is not at its location but at the home of the client, wherever that might be.

According to the advertisement, the “Arctic silver paint shines as new with no dings, scratches, rust or other damage… never in the body shop for any damage or repairs. Gray interior is as new with all possible Honda Accessories.”

The car even comes with two sets of Honda alloy wheels, a spare transaxle, factory and “Haines” service manuals, dealer parts catalog, owner’s manuals, sales brochure, window sticker, original invoice and other literature.”

The dealer does not, however, reveal the Honda’s mileage.

We think the dealer is quoting the car’s owner in the next section of the ad, which says, “Always garaged, carefully driven in temperate climates and meticulously maintained. This car was running good when it was put into storage, but it will need to be trailered and serviced before it is roadworthy since it has been stored indoors for many years.

“I have been unwilling to part with this car for many years because it is in such immaculate condition and quite frankly because of how good of a car it has been when it was in use. The time has come where we need to make room in our garage for a new car and I am not willing to store this car outdoors.

“I am the original owner… there are no ‘mysteries’ or excuses surrounding this car. Ideally, this car should go into someone’s collection based on the condition that it is in, but in reality what I have is an old Honda Civic. So, it is priced accordingly.”

That price would be $3,495.

Photos with the advertisement show a car in immaculate condition.

See more Pick’s of the Day here.

• Clint Carson
    September 9, 2019, 3:46 AM

Nice car I’m interested

• Jim A
    September 9, 2019, 4:00 AM

I attempted to purchase another vehicle posted via this outfit and it never materialized. You weren’t and aren’t able or allowed any contact with the owner or vehicle for that matter. If you look closely at the door VIN and the " dealer" VIN on the posting 2 different animals. Caveat emptor!!! It’s just a matter of time.

• Awilda Colon@Jim A
      September 19, 2019, 10:06 AM

I actually purchased this vehicle and its in transit.

• Jaime Gonzalez
    September 9, 2019, 4:41 AM

How much for the civic

• Paul Peterson@Jaime Gonzalez
      September 9, 2019, 1:30 PM

$3,495.00. Listed at the bottom of the description.

• Kent Covington
    September 9, 2019, 4:48 AM

I purchased a new Honda Accord in 1983. The Accord was a huge seller those days with waiting lists for new cars. To make mine stand out from the masses of Accords on the road and to dress it up a bit, I purchased the same alloy wheels this car has as an upgrade/option. They were very expensive those days.

I believe they were Prelude wheels but I thought they would add some sport to the look of the car. I doubt these are the original wheels and suspect the owner upgraded at some point as well.

Was the Civic and Accord wheel size similar in 1982-’83?

• Al Crane
    September 9, 2019, 9:07 AM

Two years ago I was shopping for a 1951 Studebaker and found one advertised by this "dealer" on Classic Cars.com. I later found the same car advertised on Craigslist by the owner of the car in California. The "dealer" had increased the owner’s asking price by 15 percent. The owner had never heard of the "dealer" and was surprised to see his car being advertised by them.