Automaker unveils seven ‘Enthusiast Fleet’ concept vehicles
Volkswagen is unveiling its “Enthusiast Fleet” of specially prepared vehicles with enhanced performance and visual enhancements at SOWO: The European Experience taking place this weekend on Hutchinson Island in Savannah, Georgia.
The vehicles are:
• The Golf Alltrack Combi (above) modified with the front bumper from the GolfGTE, the short shifter from the Golf FTD, the rear spoiler from the Golf GTI Rabbit Edition, a set of H&R VTF lowering springs, 1990s-themed graphics, an integrated LED light bar and Thule Motion XT L cargo box.
• The Golf GTI Rabbit Confetti, which is wrapped in Rabbit logos, rides on H&R VTF adjustable lowering springs and 19-inch Rotiform RSE wheels with Aerodisk wheel covers and has a Thule Canyon XT cargo basket.
• The Jetta GLI Super Touring (above), done in collaboration with Fifteen52, and thus rides on Fifteen52 wheels, as well as getting K&W Variant 3 DDC coil overs, a sport spoiler, upgraded brakes and extended exhaust.
• The Arteon R-Line SEMA concept done with Vossen Wheels, covered by Xpel Stealth statin paint film, lowered 3 inches on H&R Ultra Low coil overs and, of course, mounted on a set of 21-inch Vossen Forgetd M-X45 wheels. The car also has a custom valence kit, aluminum floor mats and Forge Motorsport big brake kit.
• The Tiguan Adventure (above), done in collaboration with H&R Springs, is wrapped with a topographic display, has H&R’s Adventure Raising springs, 18-inch Rotiform WGR wheels with all-terrain tires, Bumperdilo protection plate, rear spoiler, aluminum side steps and a Thule Hull-a-Port kayak.
• The Atlas Basecamp, brainchild of VW Design Center California exterior design manager Alex Earle is painted Platinum Gray and Black Uni with a matte finish and orange accents. It rides on Fifteen52 Traverse MX wheels, has a custom Air Design body kit, H&R lift kit, Front Runner Slimline II bike rack, and off-road LED light bars front and rear.
• The Golf R Spektrum (above), part of a program that offers 40 custom-order colors, including VW heritage hues, in this case Ginster Yellow. The car has H&R VTF lowering springs, 20-inch Vossen Hybrid Forgetd HF-1 wheels and black rocker panel accents.
After Savannah, the cars will go to Madison, Illinois and Atco, New Jersey, in July; to Essex Junction and York, Pennsylvania, in August; and to San Diego; Woodburn, Oregon; and Austin, Texas, in September.