Pairs of LaFerraris, ’57 Detroit convertibles and ’69 Z28s are featured
Mecum Auctions expects to send 1,000 cars across the block October 3-6 at its annual sale at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas.
The docket is headed by recent LaFerrari Aperta and a LaFerrari coupe (Mecum promises details in October), as well as 1957 Pontiac Bonneville and Buick Super convertibles and a pair of 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS Z28s.
The ’57 Detroit classics both have undergone body-off restorations, Mecum noted, while the ’69 Camaros have matching-number 302cid V8 engines and 4-speed manual transmissions.
The docket also includes vehicles from five collections:
• The Smith Collection offers nine Chevrolet Corvettes, ranging from a 1958 convertible to a 2007 Indy pace car edition.
• The Henderson Pitt Collection features 10 vehicles, including several classic trucks.
• The Sickles Garage Collection is sending a dozen vehicles from its collection clocated on Route 66 in Yukon, Oklahoma. Lonnie and Lizzee Reed both are active drag racers and the cars being offered include and 1993 Camaro drag cars.
• The Leaded Gas Collection has consigned 20 cars, 11 of them Chevys and six of those are pickup trucks.
• The Z28 Collection features 11 cars, all of them Camaro Z28s.