Led by the $1 million charity sale of the last-production 2017 Dodge Viper and 2018 Challenger SRT Demon, Barrett-Jackson reached nearly $27 million in total results for its Northeast Auction, a record for the third-year event in Uncasville, Connecticut.
Over four days, 662 vehicles crossed the block at the Mohegan Sun venue, with regular collector car sales reaching $24.9 million, charity collector car sales raising $1.25 million and automobilia sales hitting $832,000, the auction house reported. The sell-through rate for the overwhelmingly no-reserve auction was 99.25 percent.
The joint sale of the Viper and the Demon was the highest result of the auction and the highest result so far in the three years of the Northeast Auction. The high-energy sale featured pro-wrestler Bill Goldberg on stage stoking the bidders to raise the stakes until finally hitting the $1 million mark. The proceeds benefit United Way charities, as well as $100,000 donated to Barrett-Jackson’s yearlong Driven Hearts campaign supporting the American Heart Association.
Charity sales are a signature feature of Barrett-Jackson auctions, with the company donating block time to benefit scores of worthy causes over the years at the auction company’s various sales.
“With the generous support of our consignors and bidders, we have helped raise nearly $104 million to date for people across the country, from all ages and walks, live healthier and more meaningful lives,” Steve Davis, Barrett-Jackson president, said in a news release. “We’re so grateful to be a part of the good that comes from helping those in need.”
Other than the charity sales, the top 10 cars sold during the Northeast Auction were:
1. 1967 Chevrolet Nova custom coupe “The Innovator” – $275,000
2. 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake – $210,000
3. 2015 Rolls-Royce Ghost – $203,500
4. 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon – $198,000
5. 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 LS6 – $172,700
6. 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird – $170,500
7. 1965 Chevrolet Corvette 396/425 convertible – $170,500
8. 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia – $170,500
9. 1970 Dodge Charger R/T custom coupe – $156,800
10. 1960 Chevrolet Corvette 283/250 convertible – $144,100
(All results include auction fees)
Barrett-Jackson’s next auction takes place in Las Vegas Auction on September 27-29 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. For information, visit the auction website.