Sale in the UK does nearly $6 million with 90 percent sell-through
Bonhams annual Aston Martin auction found new owners for 90 percent of the vehicles offered and posted total sales Saturday of £4,474,499 ($5.989 million). The auction was held in conjunction with the annual Aston Martin owner’s Club’s international concours d’elegance and was staged on the grounds of Englefield House in England.
Among the sales highlights were a pair of DB5 models. A 1965 DB5 convertible sold for £886,300 ($1.179 million) and a DB5 sports saloon brought £628,700 ($836,713).
“It wouldn’t be a Bonhams sale without a barn find,” the auction house noted in its news release, “and a pair of projects that drew the attention of the assembled crowd were the 1951 Aston Martin DB2 sports saloon which achieved £66,460 ($88,449) and the 1954 Aston Martin DB 2/4 Mark II DHC which had travelled all the way from Massachusetts. It realized £225,500 ($300,109), a testament to the enthusiasm that Aston Martin lovers still retain for exciting and rare projects.”
“Our annual Aston Martin sale is always a highlight of the motoring calendar, and we were delighted to have such a good result,” Bonhams group motoring chairman James Knight said in a news release. “I was particularly pleased with the attendance, the sale attracting many new visitors as well as our existing clientele.”
Top 10 sales, Bonhams Aston Martin auction 2018
- 1965 Aston Martin DB5 convertible, $1,179,543
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 sports saloon, $836,713
- 1967 Aston Martin DB6 MkI Volante, $657,845
- 1968 Aston Martin DB MkIII drophead coupe, $523,694
- 1959 Aston Martin DB4 Series 1 sports saloon, $493,882
- 1956 Aston Martin DB2/4 Mark II coupe, $374,637
- 1954 Aston Martin DB2/4 Mark II drophead coupe, $300,109
- 1980 Aston Martin V8 Volante convertible, $218,128
- 1979 Aston Martin V8 Volante, $203,222
- 1954 Aston Martin DB2/4 sports saloon, $195,769
(Prices include buyer’s fee.)
Bonhams next collector car sale is scheduled June 23, the Den Hartough Sale of a huge collection of Ford vehicles.