A 1972 Ferrari Dino 246 GT, gleaming after a nut-and-bolt restoration, headlines the South Florida Collection that will be presented by Barrett-Jackson’s Palm Beach collector car auction to be held April 12-15 at the South Florida Fairgrounds.
The Ferrari is part of a diverse collection ranging from Jeeps and Mustangs to Jaguars and Ferraris that includes desirable muscle cars, classics and convertibles, most of them offered at no reserve. A special group of Chevrolets are among the collection’s cars that will cross the block during the Florida sale, the second of four auctions held annually by Barrett-Jackson.
Another special Ferrari in the South Florida Collection is a 1983 512 BBi powered by a 4.9-liter V12 and 5-speed transmission.
“Collections always present a unique opportunity for collector car enthusiasts, and we are excited to add the South Florida Collection to Palm Beach,” Craig Jackson, chairman and chief executive of Barrett-Jackson, said in a news release. “Certain to appeal to the diverse group of car enthusiasts at our auctions, this great collection is an eclectic mix of cars guaranteed to bring excitement to the auction block.
“The South Florida Collection, along with the John Staluppi Cars of Dreams Collection, and all the great automotive lifestyle activities throughout our event, ensures a can’t-miss experience this year in Palm Beach.”
Among the Chevrolets in the South Florida Collection are:
• 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air convertible – Correct T56G 265cid V8 engine and 3-speed manual transmission
• 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 – Powered by the iconic DZ302 engine coupled with an M21 Muncie 4-speed manual transmission
• 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Custom convertible – One-of-a-kind build finished in Medium Blue with a gorgeous white leather interior
• 1966 Chevrolet Corvette 350/500 convertible – Small-block 350cid engine with a Holley 4-barrel carburetor producing approximately 500hp, along with a 4-speed manual transmission
• 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air – Restored to the highest standard, equipped with a dual 4-barrel carbureted 283cid engine, mated to a Powerglide transmission.
For information about Barrett-Jackson’s Florida sale, visit the auction website.