Paris-based Artcurial Motorcars is adding a biennial sale to its collector car auction calendar, issuing a “save the date” news release for Monaco 2017.
Paris-based Artcurial Motorcars is adding a biennial sale to its collector car auction calendar, issuing a “save the date” news release for Monaco 2017. The date will be July 2 for the first of the sales.
Artcurial is no stranger to the principality. It staged one-off sales in 2012, offering “Reserves from the Prince’s Museum,” and in 2015, selling cars formerly owned by opera star Maria Callas. And Artcurial’s parent auction house annually stages auctions in Monaco each January and July offering collector watches, fine jewelry and vintage Hermes fashions.
For its July 2 event, “The auction house will pay tribute to what makes the principality such a special place, from the silver screen to motor racing, with competition cars that have graced the track alongside glamorous convertibles that are at home on the streets of the Riviera,” Artcurial Motorcars said in its news release.
“Monaco has a truly unique motor racing history,” Matthieu Lamoure, Artcurial Motorcars managing director, is quoted in the news release. “We will add our expertise and 40 years of experience in this field to the sex appeal, glitz and glamour, to create an unmissable event, fueled by passion.”1968 Ferrari 365 GT 2+2
Artcurial said it will offer around 100 automobiles and already has consignments for:
- A 1974 Porsche 3.0L RSR with American racing history through 1986, including the 24-hour at Daytona and 12-hour events at Sebring and Laguna Seca (pre-sale estimated value of $1.5 to $1.9 million).
- A 1962 Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series II in concours condition ($1.5 million to $1.9 million).
- A 1998 Ferrari F355 GTS formerly owned by actor Jean-Paul Belmondo.
- A 1968 Ferrari 365 GT 2+2.
- A 1991 Porsche 356 Super A cabriolet.
- A Fiat 500 Jolly ($15,400 to $19,800 and offered at no reserve).
- A Renault 5 Turbo Tour de Corse.
- A 1963 Riva Trione boat.
The new Monaco sale will run in alternate years with Artcurial’s auction at the Le Mans Classic in France.