As it does annually, the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum will provide people attending the Philadelphia Auto Show with something to see other than the newest in bright and shiny sheet metal. The Simeone will participate in a display of vintage vehicles.
This year, the Simeone is sending its:
- 1911/13 Mercer Raceabout 35J
- 1928 Auburn 8-88 boat-tail speedster
- 1938 Peugeot Darl’mat Le Mans
- 1936 Aston Martin Le Mans
- 1953 Hudson Hornet Twin H-Power
- 1954 Austin Healey 100-4 BN1
- 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL gullwing
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Stingray
The show runs January 28 through February 5 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in downtown Philly. The vintage vehicles are on the Broad Street side of the facility, near the escalators.
In a similar vein, the Academy of Art University annually displays part of its classic car collection at the San Francisco auto show.