A 1968 Shelby GT500 KR Ford Mustang and 1954 Buick Skylark convertible drew the highest bids during McCormicks three-day 30th anniversary auction
A 1968 Shelby GT500 KR Ford Mustang and 1954 Buick Skylark convertible drew the highest bids during McCormicks three-day 30th anniversary auction late last month at the Palm Springs Convention Center in California.
The Shelby and Skylark were among the 305 vehicles sold at the auction. Total sales topped the $6 million mark. Prices do not include buyer’s fees.
The Shelby GT500 KR was one of 1,053 produced in 1968 and crossed the block with less than 52,000 original miles while the Skylark convertible was No. 299 of 836 and showed its original 1954 inspection sticker for the glass.
The auction was viewable online and drew many sales from those viewers, reported Jason McCormick, manager of the auction house, who added that at the sale attendance was “through the roof.”
Top 10 high sales included:
- 1968 Shelby GT500 KR, $152,250
- 1954 Buick Skylark convertible, $152,250
- 1960 Mercedes 190SL, $92,400
- 2003 Ferrari 456 M-GTA, $73,500
- 2009 Bentley GTC convertible, $71,400
- 1961 Chevrolet Corvette roadster, $68,250
- 1968 Ford Mustang CVT Shelby GT5000 KR replica, $59,850
- 1961 Chevrolet Corvette, $59,850
- 1954 Cadillac Eldorado convertible, $57,750
- 1968 Dodge Charger, $57,750
Prices do not include buyer’s fees.
McCormicks next auction is scheduled for February 24-26 at the Convention Center in downtown Palm Springs.