‘Global Collector Car Trends” is the theme for the annual seminar being staged at Monterey in conjunction with the Russo and Steele auction.
Presented by the auction company and Coker Tire, the seminar is designed to examine and update the audience on the classic car marketplace.
“The landscape of the collector car market is changing at a speed never seen within the hobby before,” Russo and Steele reports in announcing the seminar. ”What matters most to today’s astute collector is understanding, anticipating and reacting to underlying trends within the market. Smart collectors know that they need to get ahead of the trends, before they become the next big thing.”
During the discussion, the announcement continues, “notable industry experts… not only share their extensive experiences buying and selling in the collector automobile auction world, but also their expertise in following, understanding and managing both national and international market fluctuations and more.”
The panelists are:
- Wayne Carini, host of the Chasing Classic Cars television show and owner of F40 Motorsports.
- Barry Meguiar, of Car Crazy TV and Meguiar’s Inc.
- Corky Coker, chief executive of Coker Group and The Great Race.
- Jonathan Klinger, of Hagerty Collector Cars.
- Wade Kawasaki, founder of Exports International, president of Coker Group and moderator for the panel.
The panel presentation begins at 4 p.m., August 14, at the Russo and Steele auction venue on Fisherman’s Wharf near downtown Monterey. You can register through the auction’s website.